Enterprise Washington is looking to hire a Business Development Coordinator. If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 12.
The Business Development Coordinator works with the President and Vice-President to plan and execute fundraising development strategies as well as monitoring and evaluating all fundraising activities to ensure that the annual fundraising goals are being achieved.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with corporate officers and Board of Directors, the Business Development Coordinator will create, develop and implement a strategic plan for new member initiatives and communication which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization. Performs office management and administrative duties.
Works with Vice-President on donor stewardship, including member and prospect database management, member correspondence and recognition programs.
- Responsible for maintaining the member and prospect database which includes maintenance of mailing lists and financial records. Participates in keeping accurate records of membership cultivation, solicitation and prospect activities.
- Oversees correspondence with members including correspondence with specific donors. Creates individual membership reports including a comprehensive analysis of membership trends on an as needed basis.
- Monitors trends in the community and region and participates in adapting fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Researches and analyzes agency, corporate, individual and membership prospects and recommends solicitation strategies.
- Assists in preparation of proposals for corporate support of the organization’s mission, using current or newly developed cultivation and solicitation materials.
- Coordinates the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts including the writing, design and publication of the newsletter.
- Assists in overseeing annual fundraising programs and member events. Assists in planning of logistics for special events, including obtaining sponsorships and preparing related printed materials for distribution.
- Provides support for various fundraising projects/initiatives as assigned by the corporate officers.
- Maintains member confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Engages interns in special fund development projects and database management.
- Prepares regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditures related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities.
- Administrative duties include but are not limited to, office supply ordering, scheduling meetings, light HR duties as assigned and vendor management.
- Any additional job duties as assigned.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work experience of an employee in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of all employees assigned to this job.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in non-profit agency, or specifically in the fundraising, sales/marketing or equivalent field preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, internet and social media.
- Experience with donor software program management.
- Working knowledge of common office equipment.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Have considerable knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources of funding for business associations and like-minded organizations will be valuable.
- Ability to organize and coordinate fundraising strategies and events.
- Possess strong attention to detail, ability to analyze information and is results driven.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-motivated as well as working well in a team environment.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to help improve the finances of the organization and create innovative donor fund stream opportunities.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.